Cultural Awareness Training
Why Cultural Awareness Training?
Your colleagues are being asked to work across the barriers of culture, language and geography as never before as markets continue to globalise and technology opens up new international collaboration opportunities. What skills and knowledge should you be helping your teams to acquire to ensure they can take full advantage of the opportunities that result from a more open global economy?
Surely, global cultural fluency becomes an increasing ‘need to have’ rather than a mere ‘nice to have’. Most people have a real hunger to develop the ability to work seamlessly across cultural barriers, but these skills are not built through osmosis – people need structured, practical guidance to help them navigate a culturally complex global commercial environment.
Global Business Culture has been helping clients improve cross-border effectiveness and efficiencies for nearly twenty years and is the ‘go-to’ provider of cultural awareness training and consultancy for many of the world’s leading companies, professional service firms and higher education institutions. Many of our clients have been with us for more than ten years and rely on us for both learning and development input and market entry expertise.
Our Cultural Awareness Training programmes address such vital issues as:
- Are you individually or as a company equipped to overcome the complexities of the myriad of working styles and client expectations you encounter when working internationally?
- How can you improve both internal and external efficiencies when working cross-border?
- How effectively are you able communicate ideas and strategy across cultures and languages?
- Can greater cultural fluency boost profitability?
How we can help
We develop tailored training programmes to meet your needs and which help you to reach your global goals. We recognise that every organisation and every sector is different. They may need a unique approach – therefore your input is key to the success of any initiatives we develop together. We know how and where culture intersects with business performance and you know where the global pinch-points and knowledge gaps are in your organisation. Working together, we can deliver high quality training which brings about real mindset and operational change.
We offer our clients a full range of cultural awareness training programmes and developmental tools which include:
- General cultural awareness training
- Country and region-specific briefings
- Conference speaking
- Function-specific global awareness development (sales, HR, finance)
- Market entry cultural advice
- Pre-secondment interventions
- Country-specific support material
- Cultural compatibility testing
If you are looking to develop global knowledge and skills within your organisation in a way that will have an immediate, practical impact on your business performance contact us for an initial discussion.