An online cultural awareness training platform is a good investment for global, geographically-dispersed organisations who would benefit from improving the overall levels of cultural fluency within their employee-base – but the very nature of being a global organisation raises lots of logistical questions:
- How can we deliver training across multiple global locations?
- How can we ensure consistency of message and delivery?
- How can we track who has been through the learning process?
- How can we provide ongoing learning support after any initial face-to-face training?
- How can we deliver this training in a cost-effective manner globally?
These are conversations we often have with our international clients and fortunately we can offer them a workable solution through our online cultural awareness learning hub, Global Business Compass.
Online Cultural Awareness Training with Global Business Compass
Global Business Compass is a cultural awareness online learning platform which opens a world of learning about different approaches to business which can be found in 40 major global economies. We have specifically developed the content and platform to answer the cultural awareness training needs of organisations who work in a global environment and we have based the development of this unique product on our experience of running cultural awareness training programmes over a twenty-year period.
Global Business Culture is a pre-eminent provider of cultural awareness training for business and we have worked with international businesspeople in more than 60 countries over the past 20 years. Our knowledge is current, it is practical, and it is deep. We have infused our online cultural awareness training portal, Global Business Compass, with our deep knowledge to produce an online learning platform which can really help your company work more effectively across the barriers of culture, geography, time zones and language.
What are the Benefits of Global Business Compass?
One of the key benefits of the hub – and the reason this is such a great solution to global training needs – is that the product is accessible from any internet enabled device on a 24/7 basis anywhere in the world. The product delivers learning and knowledge where you need it, when you need it. People can visit and revisit the knowledge bank at any time wherever they are in the world.
You can also assess learner progress through the integrated learning management system which allows real-time visibility of how actively the hub is being used. We can even give you internal marketing collateral to help you spread the word about this amazing knowledge bank within your organisation.
And Global Business Compass is big! The hub has a wealth of learning and knowledge delivered through a number of differing methodologies including e-learning, videos, in-depth country profiles and relevant blogs. We know different people have differing learning styles, so we offer lots of different options.
What Does Global Business Compass Cover?
- Global Culture Essentials e-learning programme: This interactive online learning programme introduces users to the impact that cultural differences can have when working in a global environment. Rather than focusing on one country or region, this programme gives examples from many different countries and looks at such diverse issues as:
- Cultural programming and bias
- Relationship-building across cultures
- Meeting styles
- Decision-making processes
- Internal information flow
- Communication styles
- Use of English as the common language
- Video Masterclasses: Three video masterclasses by world-renowned global business expert Keith Warburton. Keith Warburton is the founder of Global Business Culture and spends much of his time speaking at international conferences and training or mentoring executives on effective cross-border collaboration. In these video masterclasses Keith talks in-depth about such issues as:
- The critical importance of cultural fluency to effective international collaboration
- How cultural differences impact on day-to-day activities in global business
- Global communication differences
- Country-specific online training programmes: We have developed 8 country-specific e-learning programmes which explore the key cultural characteristics found in some of the world’s major economies. Countries covered are:
- Country-specific Culture Guides: In addition to the 8 online country specific programmes there is a library of 40 country culture programmes which can be downloaded by anybody who has access to the digital hub. These country profiles are in-depth but bite-size in nature. They are the perfect preparation just before an important international meeting or can be read when flying to meet a client in a different country.
- Country-specific Fact Sheets: There are also 40 country-specific fact sheets outlining some of the key demographic, economic and societal information on those forty countries. This is a great resource when looking to do some initial research on a country for a project or product launch
- Cultural Awareness Blogs: The online hub is also regularly updated with interesting blogs focusing on global business culture from a variety of angles. Topics covered are as varied as ‘How do cultural differences impact in cashflow?’ through to ‘Selecting an Offshore Partner in India.’
This digital online hub will grow month-by-month and year-on-year and we are dedicated to making Global Business Compass the most useful cultural awareness online learning tool available in the world.
If you are interested in reviewing the hub with a view to purchasing a corporate licence, please contact us.